Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The DiMeras: Awesome Sauce



Don’t fight it. You know it’s true. Just admit it.

The DiMeras are cooler than the Bradys.

And despite the fact that they’re supposed to be treading the dark side, they’re actually far less dysfunctional.



Before the writers started playing musical personalities with the characters, the DiMeras were a force to be reckoned with. Passionate, fiercely protective of each other (when they’re not trying to strangle or stab one another), humorously unapologetic about who they are, and sneaky. Very, very sneaky.

Let’s face it. The DiMeras are awesome.

I mean who are we kidding? Chad is now in some amazing, mighty fine-looking company. Sure – he’s going to find out some time soon that his father locks people up in his basement, but come on. The DiMeras are deliciously devilish and know it. And now Chad has his own free pass to let his freak flag fly. And there’s no way he ever has to worry about being disowned now that he’s been branded. He could have a go at Daddy DiMera with a letter opener or toss his brother's ass on an island for twenty years and still, at the end of the day, get an invite to Thanksgiving dinner.

I actually rolled my eyes so hard I swear my jaw popped when Will, keeping the Brady tradition alive, warned Chad not to get involved with the DiMeras. You’re absolutely right to warn him, Will. They have a history of switching paternity test results, violent attempts on people’s lives, cover-ups, interfering with people’s affairs to suit their own purposes, forging documents, weaselling their way out of --

Oh…wait a second.


The Bradys: So Not Awesome
 
 
Why did I include Rafe as part of the Brady Bunch? Because come on - he's less Mr. Rafe Hernandez than he is Mrs. Roman Brady, despite his family's Lernaean Hydra-like ability to grow two heads for every one we'd hoped was gone for good.
 
So until my next proper commentary (and there will be one soon - cross my heart and hope to Days), why not let your own freak flag fly by showing messageboards everywhere your DiMera-love with a banner (that also shamelessly promotes the blog)?
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment- awesome, awesome DiMera banner!!!! Also, the Brady Bunch...bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Diggy and I am SO gonna use this banner on DR! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never underestimate the power of a DiMera! Love it, Diggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent banner! I think I'll use it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I'm concerned, the Dimeras are the heart of Days and the only real force that can fight against the virus-like replication of the boring, flat Hurlnandez clan.

    I will proudly fly this banner Diggy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sees banner and squeaks aloud, then does a happy dance. And immediately saves to camera roll, then emails to office for new desktop wallpaper.*

    Next to your Chloe mag cover, the coolest damn thing I've ever seen. Period.
    Your wit and talents (not to mention impeccable taste in baddies) continues to dazzle, diggy!

    Go Team DiMera! (...but I still miss Tony, dammit!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tell it like it is...I love your commentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your writings and I couldn't agree more

    ReplyDelete